well ... finally (nano update)

Gareth Pearce tilps@hotmail.com
Sun Jul 28 02:12:00 GMT 2002

I actually managed to upgrade my cygwin instalation and still have time to
give this method 2 stuff ago.

So, introducing nano-1.1.10-1 - the first 'unstable branch' release for
cygwin.

It may be unstable branch, but I have been using it for a while on debian,
and the only bug I have experienced got fixed already.  It compiles OOTB on
cygwin and has survived my use (which isn't very heavy).

The method 2 scripts all seem pretty cool, if someone would like to check my
dependencies that might be an idea.
(wouldn't supprise me at all, if someone thinks the build deps in the readme
were insufficient, since I have little to no idea about those)

Whats New:
Well, just about everything actually.  The list is far, far too long to put
here.
So just read the NEWS in the package itself.

One last thing, is there any interest in a nano-tiny package? - I am not
sure if I would see the point myself, nano is pretty small already.  But if
the interest is there, I will do one.  The current version has everything
other then easter-eggs turned on.

------
# setup.hint
sdesc: "A pico clone text editor with extensions"
ldesc: "nano - A text editor designed as a clone of pico, but rewritten
from scratch to be faster and smaller while having greater functionality"
category: Editors
requires: cygwin libintl2 libiconv2 libncurses6
-----
http://extro.ucc.usyd.edu.au/~gpea0679/nano/nano-1.1.10-1-src.tar.bz2
http://extro.ucc.usyd.edu.au/~gpea0679/nano/nano-1.1.10-1.tar.bz2
http://extro.ucc.usyd.edu.au/~gpea0679/nano/setup.hint

Please upload when ready.

Gareth - still supprised that setup downloaded 116% of what he asked for,
pretty impressive.