[ITP] libungif-4.1.0-2

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Sun Jul 14 07:33:00 GMT 2002

This one seems okay to me.  There is one minor discrepancy:

If you run 'libungif-4.1.0-2.sh all' you do NOT get the same -src package...

This is because the mkpatch() procedure will generate a very large patch
which if applied to a pristine source directory will make it unnecessary
to run "aclocal && libtoolize --force" on the post-patched directory.

You should either
   1) change mkpatch() to only create a diff between your populated
libungif-4.1.0\CYGWIN-PATCHES directory and an empty
libungif-4.1.0-orig\CYGWIN-PATCHES, and keep the "aclocal && libtoolize
--force" command in conf(), or
   2) Lapo runs "aclocal && libtoolize --force" by hand, and then uses
mkpatch to create a gigantic patch that includes not only
libungif-4.1.0\CYGWIN-PATCHES, but also the libtoolization bits.
"aclocal && libtoolize --force" is removed from conf().

Also, it should probably be "aclocal && libtoolize --force --copy &&
automake --gnu --copy --add-missing --force-missing && autoconf" but
that's just me.

--Chuck

P.S. since libungif's configure.in does not have an AC_PREREQ() line,
the wrapper scripts for the autotools choose the -devel- versions by
default.  This is good.