sunrpc

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Tue Jul 9 15:53:00 GMT 2002

Matt Rice wrote:

> here is what it took to get through 'make' on Corinna's port of sunrpc
> back from B20 to 1.3
> I haven't really checked out the secure_rpc directory...
> I dont have all the neccesary librarys...
>
> on a side note, 'make clean' doesnt remove .exe files...
>
> I  got the original sources from
> http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/sunrpc/
>

> I've seen this mentioned on a few different mailing lists
> let me know what you think..

Matt,

You might want to contact Rico Juinio who was working on porting the
entire SUNRPC/ONC + NFS(d) suite earlier this year.  He never finished
it, but promised to send what he had to anyone interested.  Apparently
he's got a whole lot more then just the sunrpc portion working, but I
suppose who ever contacts him will be the judge of that.  Here is the
thread, use the email address specified there to contact him:

If you do get in contact with him and get the entire suite working,
please considier becoming its maintainer.  ONC/RPC support is something
Cygwin could really use.

Cheers,
Nicholas