Concurrent versions of cygwin1.dll on one system

Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it
Tue Jul 9 01:12:00 GMT 2002

> And roll your own "IvoWin".  (Remember, tho, cygwin is GPL; therefore
> IvoWin will be GPL and you must make the source code available to
> whomever you give the binary.  Ditto for your app - but that's already
> true for your app, since it currently links to cygwin itself)

The app can in fact comply with any OSI-approved open source license I
think, as of "note" on page http://cygwin.com/licensing.html

Another easy method to distribute a program which uses cygwin is to
create an http or ftp directory with packages and setup.ini with binary
and sources for your project and simply let users install a "real" (even
if minimal) cygwin.
This is IMHO the best way to go.

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini