Ghostscript packaging for X11, non-X11 versions

Dario Alcocer alcocer@helixdigital.com
Sat Jul 6 12:45:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 02:12:29PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 07:02:31PM +0100, John Morrison wrote:
> >> I would go ahead and allow ALL of the scripts and man pages to be
> >> duplicated (bdftops, font2c, gslj, etc) into both /usr/bin/|/usr/man and
> >> /usr/X11R6/bin|/usr/X11R6/man -- without any renaming.
> >
> >Or have a ghostscript-docs-x.y.z which just contains documents...
>
> That won't be too convenient for people who want to read man pages.

Yes, I agree.

> I'd suggest just using symbolic links in the /usr/X11R6/... directories
> to the /usr/... directories.

Hmm, I think I'd rather just include the docs ghostscript-base,
to be installed in /usr/share/man.  That way, the manual pages
a tied to the required base package and not to the binary package.

I don't know if X apps usually have their man pages installed in
/usr/share/man, /usr/X11R6/share/man or /usr/X11R6/man.

--
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
alcocer@helixdigital.com -- http://www.helixdigital.com