Preliminary patch for symlink problem in setup.exe

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Sat Jan 19 07:20:00 GMT 2002

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 5:41 AM
Subject: Re: Preliminary patch for symlink problem in setup.exe

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 07:38:34PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >And a question:  Wouldn't it make sense to uninstall first on
> >"Reinstall", too?
>
> It doesn't do this already?  Hmm.  I would expect a reinstall to
> be equivalent to an uninstall/install, yes.

Actually it's not - on uninstall one may have config files etc to purge.
On a replacement, they should be kept. (Not that we differentiate today
:}).

Anyway I had a FIXME in the code for this, and I believe I have fixed
it. It should have Chuck's neverending package splitting (:]) properly
now, fingers crossed.

Rob