[ANN] apache_1.3.22 package available for setup inclusion

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 07:03:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 03:53:44PM +0100, Stipe Tolj wrote:
> "Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:
> > 1.2.
> > #   Cygwin 1.3.x layout
> > <Layout Cygwin>
> >     prefix:        /usr
> >     exec_prefix:   $prefix
> >     bindir:        $prefix/bin
> >     sbindir:       $prefix/sbin
> >     libexecdir:    $prefix/libexec
> >     mandir:        $prefix/man
> >     sysconfdir:    /etc/httpd/conf
> >
> > I request to change the path to the conf files to /etc/apache or
> > /etc/httpd, why another subdirectory?
>
> I took RedHat's layout which is the same. SuSE by the other hand uses
> /etc/httpd only.

Uhm, you both *did* look onto http://cygwin.com/setup.html#package_contents,
right?  You''l find the following configure options as default options:

  --prefix=/usr
  --sysconfdir=/etc
  --libexecdir='$(sbindir)'
  --localstatedir=/var
  --datadir='$(prefix)/share'

I'd agree to change the sysconfdir to sth. below /etc as /etc/httpd
but I don't see a reason to change libexecdir.

Red Hat, Inc.