ITP: LilyPond 1.5.73

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Thu Aug 15 05:14:00 GMT 2002

Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

>>So, may we have your votes and comments please.
>>

>I installed this by adding http://lilypond.org/cygwin as a mirror
>and it all seemed to go fine. The examples (-1,-2,-3) compiled correctly and
>looked great in acroread. I also tried a couple of the mutopia files, which
>seemed fine to my untrained eye. My only question is the ".midi" files
>produced;
>are these supposed to be sound files?
>
>This definitely has my vote, giving anyone with a Windows machine and
>free disk space a good music publishing system, too, is great!
>
>Thanks for all your work, Jan.
>
>Joshua Daniel Franklin
>(Wrote thesis in LaTeX.)

I completely agree with JDF, as this package gets my vote, too.  I'd
like to add that I do so because it absolutely *rocks* that Jan is
taking over a complex distribution like teTeX/LaTeX, despite the fact
Cygwin is *not* the primary platform for this individual.  I don't know
many contributors out there who would be willing to put such a large
commitment into a project that they use infrequently [if at all].
 Eventhough I've not been blessed with musical talent, if this makes
Jan's life easier, then I'm all for it!

Cheers,
Nicholas