proposal for GNU emacs 21.2 package

Joe Buehler jbuehler@hekimian.com
Thu Aug 8 06:05:00 GMT 2002

Christopher,

I would be happy to add a postinstall to rebase the
X11 dlls that are needed by GNU emacs, if that's what you want.
The libraries are:

libICE.dll
libSM.dll
libX11.dll
libXext.dll
libXpm.dll

The others I have statically linked based on Nicholas's suggestion:

cygjpeg6b.dll
cygpng12.dll
cygtiff3.dll
cygz.dll

I can switch back to dlls and rebase those also if you want.

Probably a better solution is to have the maintainers of the packages
rebase them?

A couple of questions:

- What addresses should I put them at?

- Where should I get rebase for the postinstall script?  Jason needs
   to submit a package for his version of rebase that emacs then needs
   to depend on?

Is there some innate reason that setup cannot automatically rebase dlls
after it installs something, eliminating most of the need for everyone to
deal with colliding dlls?

Joe Buehler