xfree packages

Ian Burrell iburrell@znark.com
Wed Apr 10 13:23:00 GMT 2002

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Yes, please post the setup.hint files that you used.

Check out http://www.znark.com/cygwin/. It doesn't include the archive
files; my web account doesn't have the bandwidth or quota for them. To
generate the packages, download the *.tgz files from
cygwin/xfree/binaries/4.2.0

> I think that these files should be called XFree86-base (or just
> XFree86), etc.  The project is the Cygwin/XFree86 project and I
> think the package names should reflect that.

I renamed all the packages to use xfree86 instead of xfree.

I couldn't get upset to work properly. I figured out that it needs a
list of packages as input. If there is no version: line in setup.hint
files, then the generated version is incorrect (xfree-base-4.2.0-1) for
example. If I put it in the setup.hint files, no install: line is
generated. I had to hand edit the generated setup.ini.

  - Ian

--
iburrell@znark.com
http://www.znark.com/