help needed on error message needed: sync_with_child

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de
Mon Sep 3 23:26:00 GMT 2001

> Hi,
> on compiling kde2 on cygwin I've get the following messages
>
> C:\programme\cygwin\home\habacker\tmp\kde\anoncvs.kde.org\kdelibs\kio\
> tests\kios
>       0 [main] kioslavetest 1864 sync_with_child: child 1856(0x124)
> died before
> initialization with status code 0x1
>    6214 [main] kioslavetest 1864 sync_with_child: *** child state
> child loading
> dlls

<SNIP>

> Hay anyone an idea, what the reason is for this and what I can do ?

clear-all.

This bug is caused by problems with multiple forking in an application with
additional dlls (I don't know the detailed conditions) on cygwin 1.3.2 and seems
to be fixed in current cygwin snapshot. The last snapshot I have downloaded
yesterday works well in this case.

Ralf