miscellaneous cygwin libtool patch

edward tailbert@yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 06:23:00 GMT 2001

hi peeps

in a fit of pique, i managed to get cvs libtool
running for dll/static libs on the cygwin platform. i think i broke most other
windows, and possibly other platforms though. anyways, in case anyone wants to
take a look at it. i have placed the entire patched source, with an example
trivial project demonstrating static archive and dll generation
here:

http://www.tailifer.com/misc/libtool-cygwin.tar.bz2

If you just want the patch, it's here:

http://www.tailifer.com/misc/libtool-cygwin.patch

if you have a .def file, then make, make check,
make install work on cygwin, including the script wrappers. other than defining
the proper automake commands for cygwin, there is relatively little
modifications required to use it in your project. the bzip2 file contains
relatively little explanation of what i did, but has a decent log of how i did
it.

warning: this really isn't good enough to be put
into cvs, but it makes *my* life a heck of a lot easier. until we get a good
version of libtool from the fine libtool peeps, this might do.
  cheers,
edward

PS. who put all the funky binary characters in cvs
libtool.m4 version 1.148? sounds like an "oops" to me.