error compiling gd-1.8.3 under cygwin-1.1.7

Dr. Volker Zell Dr.Volker.Zell@oracle.com
Thu Feb 1 22:49:00 GMT 2001

    Thomas> On 1 Feb 2001, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I tried compiling gd-1.8.3 but get the following error:
    >>
    >> gcc -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11 -O  -DHAVE_XPM -DHAVE_JPEG -DHAVE_LIBTTF   -c -o gd_jpeg.o gd_jpeg.c
    >> gd_jpeg.c: In function `gdImageCreateFromJpegCtx':
    >> gd_jpeg.c:347: structure has no member named `progressive_mode'
    >>

    >> Any hints ? I'm using jpeg-6b.

    Thomas> Sounds like you have a very old version of the jpeg library header files
    Thomas> somewhere in your include directories.

I found my mistake. I'm using jpeg-6b but with the lossless jpeg patch applied. Actually this patch
removes the definition of progressive_mode. :-(

The lossless jpeg libs and headers are standard now in the cygwin emnvironment.
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/

Ciao
  Volker