gcc -mno-cygwin creates cygwin executables!

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Wed Dec 12 03:30:00 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Wilson" <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu>
> > Give me a week or two, well actually toward the middle of January.
It's
> > in the works.  The question I have about this is, once we have a
grand
> > cross-compiler, should we get rid of -mno-cygwin?
>

> IIRC, -mno-cygwin can't be removed because it is needed for the GNUpro
> side of things. Also, we need it to build cygwin itself; do we really
> want to require both a cygwin-gcc and a mingw-gcc in order to build
> cygwin1.dll and setup.exe?

setup.exe may well need that in the future, if the current issues
with -mno-cygwin aren't ironed out (the old library that was floating
round - may be fixed now, and the ongoing things like the cause of this
email thread). Also the threading model for gcc for mingw is different
than for cygwin, and that may cause trouble for setup unless -mno-cygwin
is extended to change the threading model used in libgcc and in
exception handling.

Rob