perl, second shot (was: Re: first shot perl)

Gerrit P. Haase freeweb@nyckelpiga.de
Tue Aug 21 08:22:00 GMT 2001

>On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 03:29:29AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>>O.k.,
>>
>>i got it ready.
>>If someone likes to try, i uploaded perl-5.6.1-gph-1.tar.bz2 to:
>> http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/perl/
>>                       ^^^^^^ NO TYPO:-)
>
>I took a look at this.  It looks good, except for one question:
>
>What is the usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-multi directory?  You seem to have
>this and a lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin directory.  Do you mean to have both?
>There is one of these in site_perl, too.

Oops, seems to be a problem with the timestamp-trick. The last build was
with multiplicity. Thats the reason why the tarball is so big...
I build with multiplicity because i got a lot of more errors during tests
without it.

>Only the 'cygwin' directory seems to exist in the current perl release.

My last build is with multiplicity, so the 'cygwin' dirs could be removed.
I also fixed 'ld2' now, and load it up in a few minutes.
http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/perl/perl-5.6.1-gph-2.tar.bz2

>Also, have you made any changes over the previous perl release?  In
>particular, it seems like people keep complaining about binmode issues.

I changed nothing cygwin specific until now. Only applied all the patches
since perl-5.6.1 was released.

gph

--
gerrit.haase@convey.de