GCC -mno-cygwin vs mingw32-gcc cross environment.

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 11:04:00 GMT 2001

I've just successfully completed building a Cygwin native cross build
environment for --target=mingw32.  While I'm cleaning up the code
modifications I would like to ask if we should consider deprecating the
-mno-cygwin switch in favor of the cross environment?

I would rather see the cross build environment become standard because
it is a natural for autoconfiguration.  You just add --host=mingw32 to
the configuration scripts instead of needing to do CC='gcc -mno-cygwin'
configure ... .

Comments?

Earnie.