New versions of bzip2 and patch?

Michael Ring michael-ring@t-online.de
Mon Nov 20 14:42:00 GMT 2000

Just found this thread here....

O.K. you all found me busy with other work 8-(, sorry for that.

patch is in very good condition, I have been sitting on thins patch
(well, actually been using it) for months and the changes I made to the
code are very straightforward. I will release this asap.

bzip2 perhaps might be the cause of some trouble, at least my version,
perhaps not Chuck's one. (They are the same source-code but compiled
with different versions of gcc/binutils/etc. I used to use a freshly
installed version fron sourceware of complete cygwin and Chuck used the
version on his pc; his version seemed to work fine, mine made objdump
stackdump and an application linked with (at least my version of) bzip2
had corrupted debug-information in it.

I promised Chuck to try to reproduce the problem with his version but I
did not find the time to do so till now.

Christopher Faylor schrieb:

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 04:53:07PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
> >
> >On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >> Grr.  Email crossing.  I thought he said that you had a version with a nice
> >> cyglibbz.dll (or whatever).
> >
> >Well, yeah -- but I sent it to him.  Basically, we've been passing
> >patches back and forth, and I think we are currently
> >synchronized.  The questions is, once it's uploaded which one of us
> >maintains it?  I can upload it tonight as a test release, if there are no
> >objections.
>
> None from me.  I don't care if you both want to maintain it.  :-)

Neither do I; I have the problem of a real job sometimes eating me
up....

> Are there info files in bzip2?

Only man-files, no info files.

> Didn't Michael indicate that he had a version of patch which correctly dealt
> with CRLF issues, too?
>
> cgf

Till then,

michael