[jorg.schaible@db.com: Setup and zlib, libpng]

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Mon May 15 11:45:00 GMT 2000

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 11:08:18AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:

>--- DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:
>>>Uhm, CVS comes to mind as an aide in doing this.
>>
>>When we port a package, we don't always have the ability to check
>>something into the original author's CVS repository.  There may not
>>even be a CVS repository.  Ideally, we'd get our patches accepted back
>>into the official sources.
>
>I was thinking of a local Cygnus CVS cygwin-apps repository *not* the
>official source repository.

I'm willing to set this up.  I have always envisioned something like
this, as much as I hate the thought of having two separate development
trees.  I just bit this bullet for cygwin-xfree.

One procedural problem with this is that sourceware is not currently set
up to deal with a huge influx of "developers" who will maintain their
products using cvs.  I sort of wish that we were as automated as
sourceforce seems to be in this respect.

cgf