perl-5.6.0 ready for test! (IMPORTANT READ THIS MESSAGE ON MAINTAINER STATUS!)

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Tue Aug 22 09:45:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 05:08:10AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Michael Ring <Michael.Ring@t-mobil.de> wrote:
>> perl-5.6.0 is perl period ;-)
>>
>-8<-
>>
>> PACKAGING STATUS:
>>
>> When tested this package should go nowhere (or perhaps contrib) version 5.6.1
>> should go to contrib
>>

>IMHO, automake, autoconf, libtool and perl should be a part of the base package
>and therefore should go to the latest directory and not to the contrib
>directory.  Perl is required by the other three and automake, autoconf and
>libtool [are|have] becom[ing|e] a de facto standard.

I sort of agree but I wonder if we're starting to fill up the hard disks of people
who have no interest in doing development.

We're also growing the "support load" on cygwin@sourceware whenever we add a new
package.

cgf