[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: moreutils v0.67-1

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Fri Feb 18 18:27:00 GMT 2022

On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 at 12:34, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:

> Version 0.67-1 of moreutils has been uploaded, and should be coming
> soon to a mirror to a mirror near you.
>
> This is an update to the latest upstream release; it includes the
> following changes:
>
> - README: Formalize that I am not adding new tools to moreutils, and
> have not for a long while. This package needs someone new to take over
> editorial responsibility.

This release note has caused some confusion. This is simply a quote
from the upstream release notes; the "I" in this context is Joey Hess,
the long-time owner and maintainer of the upstream project. On the
off-chance this comes up again, I'll try to be clearer that I'm just
quoting someone else's release notes rather than providing any
personal commentary. (And also remember to double-check the later
boilerplate for other quotes that need updating, for anyone who
spotted the later contradiction...)

Several people have emailed me off-list about this. Per
https://cygwin.com/problems.html, please don't do this. If you want to
talk about moreutils (or anything else) on Cygwin, you should be
emailing the Cygwin mailing lists. If you want to offer to take over
responsibility for the overall moreutils project, you should be
contacting the upstream maintainers directly.