cygwin 3.3.0-0.2.6c1f49f83fde (TEST)
Sat Sep 25 01:53:12 GMT 2021
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution
as test releases:
This is the second test release of the upcoming cygwin-3.3.0. The
only change from the first test release is that there have been
further changes to the internal pipe code.
- An IP-sampling profiler named 'profiler' has been added. It can be
used to profile any Cygwin program along with any DLLs loaded.
- A new tool 'gmondump' has been added. It can dump the raw
information of any "gmon.out" file created by profiler, ssp, or use
of the gcc/g++ option '-pg'. (Continue using gprof to get symbolic
- New GNU-specific APIs, slated to become part of the next POSIX
standard: pthread_cond_clockwait, pthread_mutex_clocklock,
- New Solaris-specific APIs, slated to become part of the next POSIX
standard: sig2str, str2sig.
- The speed argument to cfsetspeed(3) can now be a numerical baud rate
rather than a Bnnn constant, as on Linux.
- The internal implementation of pipes has been overhauled; this
should result in improved performance.
- Fix values returned by select(2) for shutdown sockets.
- Introduce a new hypotl(3) function not suffering unnecessary
- Fix path handling for paths spanning native symlinks.
- Fix tab position evaluation after console window resize.
- Fix a regression in pseudo console handling, resulting in rlwrap not
being able to start a new pseudo console.
- Handle two race conditions in pseudo console usage.
- Fix a bug in recognizing a successful completion of connect(2) on a
- Fix connect(2) when called with an address structure whose family is
AF_UNSPEC. As specified by POSIX and Linux, this is allowed on
datagram sockets, and its effect is to reset the socket's peer
- Fix nanosleep(2) returning negative rem. NtQueryTimer appears to be
able to return a negative remaining time (less than the timer
resolution) for unsignalled timers.
- Fix getifaddrs(3) returning address family 0 or IPv4 address 0.
- Fix getaddrinfo(3) to return valid ai_socktype and ai_protocol
values if the underlying GetAddrInfoW screws up.
- Fix duplicate /proc/partitions entries and (presumably) duplicate
PIDs in ps(1) output.
Ken Brown, on behalf of Corinna
More information about the Cygwin-announce