cygwin 3.3.0-0.1.9814cfd8f693 (TEST)
Fri Sep 17 20:33:26 GMT 2021
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution as test
This release comes with an overhaul of the internal pipe code. In theory, there
should be no user-visible changes except for bug fixes and performance
improvements. But of course there will be new bugs. Please test!
- An IP-sampling profiler named 'profiler' has been added. It can be
used to profile any Cygwin program along with any DLLs loaded.
- A new tool 'gmondump' has been added. It can dump the raw
information of any "gmon.out" file created by profiler, ssp, or use
of the gcc/g++ option '-pg'. (Continue using gprof to get symbolic
- New GNU-specific APIs, slated to become part of the next POSIX
standard: pthread_cond_clockwait, pthread_mutex_clocklock,
- New Solaris-specific APIs, slated to become part of the next POSIX
standard: sig2str, str2sig.
- The speed argument to cfsetspeed(3) can now be a numerical baud rate
rather than a Bnnn constant, as on Linux.
- The internal implementation of pipes has been overhauled; this
should result in improved performance.
- Fix values returned by select(2) for shutdown sockets.
- Introduce a new hypotl(3) function not suffering unnecessary
- Fix path handling for paths spanning native symlinks.
- Fix tab position evaluation after console window resize.
- Fix a regression in pseudo console handling, resulting in rlwrap not
being able to start a new pseudo console.
- Handle two race conditions in pseudo console usage.
- Fix a bug in recognizing a successful completion of connect(2) on a
- Fix connect(2) when called with an address structure whose family is
AF_UNSPEC. As specified by POSIX and Linux, this is allowed on
datagram sockets, and its effect is to reset the socket's peer
- Fix nanosleep(2) returning negative rem. NtQueryTimer appears to be
able to return a negative remaining time (less than the timer
resolution) for unsignalled timers.
- Fix getifaddrs(3) returning address family 0 or IPv4 address 0.
- Fix getaddrinfo(3) to return valid ai_socktype and ai_protocol
values if the underlying GetAddrInfoW screws up.
- Fix duplicate /proc/partitions entries and (presumably) duplicate
PIDs in ps(1) output.
Ken Brown, on behalf of Corinna
More information about the Cygwin-announce