Mon Mar 29 17:40:05 GMT 2021
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
This is a new major release.
- Revamped pseudo console support. Conditionally activating it only when
a non-cygwin application is run.
- New C11 threads API: call_once, cnd_broadcast, cnd_destroy, cnd_init,
cnd_signal, cnd_timedwait, cnd_wait, mtx_destroy, mtx_init, mtx_lock,
mtx_timedlock, mtx_trylock, mtx_unlock, thrd_create, thrd_current,
thrd_detach, thrd_equal, thrd_exit, thrd_join, thrd_sleep, thrd_yield,
tss_create, tss_delete, tss_get, tss_set.
- In cygwin console, new thread which handles special keys/signals such
as Ctrl-Z (VSUSP), Ctrl-\ (VQUIT), Ctrl-S (VSTOP), Ctrl-Q (VSTART) and
SIGWINCH has been introduced. There have been a long standing issue
that these keys/signals are handled only when app calls read() or
select(). Now, these work even if app does not call read() or select().
- fchmodat(2) now has limited support for the AT_SYMLINK_NOFOLLOW flag.
- Cygwin now recognizes native Windows AF_UNIX sockets (as regular
files, not as socket files). This allows tools like 'ls' and 'rm'
- Allow ~5000 child processes per process on 64 bit, ~1200 child processes
per process on 32 bit. So far, only 256 child processes per process were
- A few FAQ updates.
- Have tmpfile(3) make use of Win32 FILE_ATTRIBUTE_TEMPORARY via open(2)
- Utilize Windows 10 1809 FILE_DISPOSITION_IGNORE_READONLY_ATTRIBUTE
flag to allow simpler unlink of files with DOS readonly flags set.
- getdtablesize(3), sysconf(_SC_OPEN_MAX), and
getrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE) now return the true limit on the number of
open descriptors, 3200. Previously they returned the current size
of Cygwin's internal file descriptor table, which can grow
- facl(2) now fails with EBADF on a file opened with O_PATH.
- Allow to start Windows Store executables via their "app execution
aliases". Handle these aliases (which are special reparse points)
as symlinks to the actual executables.
- Iterate at least 4 times over pthread_key_t destructors per POSIX.
- The pthread_yield declaration in pthread is now visible by default
or when defining _BSD_SOURCE, too.
- Fix SEGV in modfl call.
- Fix a collision of offical and internally used file flags.
- Fix assertion failure on an invalid path under /proc/<pid>/fd/.
- Fix crash on stat(2)'ing /dev/ptmx on 32 bit.
- Fix return value of sqrtl on negative infinity.
- Fix a path handling problem if there is a WSL symlink in PATH.
- Fix a bug in fstatat(2) on 32 bit that could cause it to return garbage.
- Fix the errno when a path contains .. and the prefix exists but is
not a directory.
- Fix the return value when ptsname_r(3) is called with a bad file descriptor
- Fix path handling in case the Cygwin installation dir is accessed via
a Windows junction point.
- Fix potential handle leaks when dup'ing descriptors
- Fix a bug that could cause fstat(2) to return incorrect results on a FIFO.
- Fix some system calls on AF_LOCAL sockets that are not socket files.
- Fix access to block devices under /proc/sys.
More information about the Cygwin-announce