Wed Feb 19 11:04:00 GMT 2020
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
We skipped the 3.1.3 release due to technical reasons, nothing to
This is a bugfix release, including a couple of nice to have changes
- Allow symlinks to be opened with O_PATH | O_NOFOLLOW.
- Allow the pathname argument to readlinkat(2) to be an empty string,
provided the dirfd argument refers to a symlink opened with
O_PATH | O_NOFOLLOW. The readlinkat call then operates on that
- Support the Linux-specific AT_EMPTY_PATH flag for fchownat(2) and
- Allow AF_LOCAL sockets to be opened with O_PATH.
- <signal.h>: New macro _NSIG replacing NSIG. NSIG is now only
visible to MISC builds, as on Linux.
- The new locale modifier @cjksingle allows enforcing of single-width
character property for usually double-widthed characters. This will
be supported by upcoming mintty releases. For the reasoning, see
- Define CPU_SETSIZE, as on Linux.
- Fix a regression that prevented the root of a drive from being the
Cygwin installation root.
- Many fixes in new pseudo console support.
Addresses (among others):
More information about the Cygwin-announce