Updated: setup (2.891)
Thu Mar 22 21:14:00 GMT 2018
A new version of Setup, release 2.891, has been uploaded to
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe (32 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
Changes compared to 2.889:
- 'Use HTTP/FTP Proxy' connection type now uses the WinINet API
As a consequence, the '--user-agent' option now affects this connection
type as well
- Remove the 'Direct(legacy)' connection type and associated cruft
There have been no reported problems with it's replacement, the 'Direct'
connection type, since it's introduction in 2.878
If this is the currently configured connection type, it will be silently
migrated to 'Direct'
- Improve file:// URL handling
All well-formed file URLs should now work. Malformed file URLs we
previously accepted should also still work.
Thanks to SZAVAI Gyula for these changes.
- Various fixes for regressions in 'Install from Local Directory' mode
Thanks to Ken Brown for these changes.
- Add support for setup-minimum-version: in setup.ini
- Preliminary support for 'provides:' and 'conflicts': in setup.ini
- Add a --version option
Please send bug reports, as usual, to the public mailing list cygwin AT
cygwin DOT com.
More information about the Cygwin-announce