TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.8.0-0.2
Wed Mar 22 20:14:00 GMT 2017
I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 2.8.0-0.2
I'm planning for a release next week. Yes, I already wrote that last
week. I'm still trying to find the cause for a bug, but either way,
I'll release next week. Please test.
- New API: timingsafe_bcmp, timingsafe_memcmp
- New API: dladdr
- cygcheck and strace now always generate output with Unix LF line endings,
rather than with DOS/Windows CR LF line endings.
- fork now preserves the load order of unrelated dlopen'd modules.
- pthread_cond_wait now acts like Linux and BSD: Resume waiting for the
condition variable as if it was not interrupted, rather than returning 0.
- Fix a few problems which are the combined culprit of fork failing
when called recursively from a pthread.
- Fix potential buffer overflow in getrandom.
- Fix write(2) return value for writes > 2 GB.
- Workaround Windows NUL having the same problem for writes > 4 GB.
- Fix a potential crash in duplocale.
- Fix dlopen/dlclose reference counting to make sure FreeLibrary isn't
called too early in forked process.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
More information about the Cygwin-announce