Updated: XtoW 20160323-1 (experimental)
Wed Mar 23 14:59:00 GMT 2016
The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
xtow is a window manager using the libxcwm library, which is:
* native: it integrates with native window management by putting each
top-level X window in it's own Windows window (similar to XWin -multiwindow)
* compositing: X windows with per-pixel alpha are composited into the
native DWM desktop on Windows Vista and later (e.g. a native window can
be seen through a semi-transparent X window placed over it)
XtoW is still experimental, but should now be usable enough for doing
some actual work. Testing and problem reports are appreciated.
Changes since 20130802-3:
* Fix transparent windows on Windows 10, copying the approach from .
Unfortunately, making this work on Windows 8.1 without 3rd party
software seems near impossible.
Changes since 20130802-2:
* Rewrite startxtow to use python rather than perl to find the virtual
desktop size, since perl-Win32-GUI is no longer packaged
* Add xwin-xdg-menu, so there is some means to launch things and exit
* Fix start menu item to use "(32-bit)" on WoW64, and have the correct icon
* Include postinstall and preremove scripts to add and remove start menu
item in the package
More information about the Cygwin-announce