Updated: p7zip 15.09-1
Mon Oct 26 14:52:00 GMT 2015
Version 15.09-1 of the package p7zip is now available in the Cygwin
- 7-Zip now can extract ext2 and multivolume VMDK images.
- 7-Zip now can extract ext3 and ext4 (Linux file system) images.
- assembly routines now supported in 64 bit cygwin
- cygwin : fix in GetRamSize()
- 7-Zip now can extract GPT images and single file QCOW2, VMDK, VDI
- 7-Zip now can extract solid WIM archives with LZMS compression.
- 7-Zip now doesn't sort files by type while adding to solid 7z archive.
new -mqs switch to sort files by type while adding to solid 7z
- 7-Zip now can create 7z, xz and zip archives with 1536 MB dictionary for
- 7-Zip now can extract .zipx (WinZip) archives that use xz compression.
p7zip is the Unix port of 7-Zip, a file archiver that archives with
very high compression ratios. It supports packing/unpacking 7z, zip, gzip
bzip2, xz, tar, and wim archives. It supports unpacking of arj, cab, chm,
cpio, dmg, hfs, lzh, lzma, wim, xar, z, nsis, deb, rpm, msi, udf, iso, ntfs,
fat, vhd, and mbr archives. This version does NOT support rar archives.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/p7zip and http://www.7-zip.org
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the
cygwin mailing list at: cygwin (at) cygwin (dot) com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
More information about the Cygwin-announce