TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.2.0-0.5
Wed Jul 29 20:42:00 GMT 2015
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I released a new TEST version of Cygwin. The version number is 2.2.0-0.5.
New in this version:
- In https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2015-q3/msg00010.html
Roman Petrovski points out that RtlFillMemory and RtlCopyMemory
only work for memory regions up to 2 Gigs.
I took the opportunity to convert memset, memmove, memcpy, wmemset,
wmemmove and wmemcpy to assembler code based on NetBSD code.
Since I have no chance to do it this week, I plan to release 2.2.0-1
next Monday, if the above patch doesn't introduce new regressions.
- New APIs: getcontext, setcontext, makecontext, swapcontext.
- New functions: sigsetjmp, siglongjmp.
These were only available as macros up to now, but POSIX requires that
siglongjmp has to be available as function.
- When started from a non-Cygwin process, check if $HOME starts with a
slash (absolute POSIX path). Otherwise ignore it.
- Fix potential hang running ldd(1).
- Fix crashes under AllocationPreference=0x100000 condition
- x86_64 only: Implement memset, memmove, memcpy, wmemmove, wmemcpy in
assembler derived from NetBSD.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
More information about the Cygwin-announce