Mon Oct 6 21:00:00 GMT 2014
Version 1.66-1 of cppcheck has been updated. This is the first build of
cppcheck to include cppcheck-gui, a Qt GUI for invoking cppcheck and
viewing the results.
Changes from 1.65 to 1.66:
- Compare pointer with '\0'
- Assigning boolean expression to floating point variables
- Much improved AST
- Much improved ValueFlow analysis
- ValueFlow and AST now used by much more checks, improving checking
accuracy and performance
- Checking for self assignment now supports more complex expressions
- Returning references to literals or references to calculation results
- Enhanced support for commutative operators in duplicate expression
- Improved template/enum parsing
- Definition of POD types in .cfg files
- Definition of minsize for buffer arguments in .cfg files for buffer
- Fixed handling of #error: Do not report them if -f and -D are used
- New .cfg file for AVR platform
- Generate xml dump of AST/ValueFlow/SymbolDatabase/TokenList if --dump
- Improved performance in several cases
- Platform settings are being saved now
- Improved handling of (invalid) .cfg files
Additionally, a large number of false positives and crashes have been fixed.
Cppcheck is a static analysis tool for C/C++ code. Unlike C/C++
compilers and many other analysis tools it does not detect syntax
errors in the code. Cppcheck primarily detects the types of bugs that
the compilers normally do not detect. The goal is to detect only real
errors in the code (i.e. have zero false positives).
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the
cygwin mailing list at: cygwin (at) cygwin (dot) com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list,
look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this
message. Send email to the address specified there. It will be in
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that
is available starting at this URL.
More information about the Cygwin-announce