Tue Jun 3 08:28:00 GMT 2014
The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
* libncurses10-5.9-20140524-1 (x86 only)
Ncurses (new curses) started as a freely distributable clone of SVr4
curses. It has outgrown the clone description, and now contains many
features which are not in SVr4 curses. Curses is a pun on the term
"cursor optimization". It is a library of functions that manage an
application's display on character-cell terminals.
This release updates ncurses to the latest upstream patch release, and
consolidates the packaging differences between the two arches:
* Wide character support is now the default throughout.
* The duplicate ncurses and ncursesw packages are merged into a single
ncurses package; the same goes for the demo and devel subpackages.
* All packages built from now on with libncurses-devel will now depend
on libncursesw10; the 'w'-less import libraries and headers are now just
* On x86, libncurses10 (narrow-char) is still provided for the benefit
of packages previously built for it.
* On x86_64, terminfo-extra is split out from terminfo as it has been on
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:
If this does not work, then look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the
email header of this message. Send email to the address specified
there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
More information about the Cygwin-announce