Updated: Cygwin 1.7.25
Sat Aug 31 21:33:00 GMT 2013
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released Cygwin 1.7.25. This is mainly a bugfix release.
ABOUT THE 64 BIT RELEASE
This is only the fourth official Cygwin release which is publically
available as a 64 bit version for AMD64 Windows systems, so it's still
Right now the 64 bit Cygwin distribution doesn't come with as many
packages as the 32 bit version, but it's as stable as the 32 bit version,
and more packages will be available over time.
If you're already running a 32 bit version of Cygwin on 64 bit Windows
machines, you can continue to do so. If you're planning a new install
of Cygwin on a 64 bit Windows machine, consider to use the new 64 bit
Cygwin version, unless you need certain packages not yet available in
the 64 bit release.
To install 32-bit Cygwin use the new http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe
To install 64 bit Cygwin use the new http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
- Change magic number associated with process information block so that 32-bit
Cygwin processes don't try to interpret 64-bit information and vice-versa.
- Redefine content of mtget tape info struct to allow fetching the number of
partitions on a tape.
- Fix creating two partitions on tape drives supporting initiator partitions.
- Update the internally used blocksize after setting a new blocksize for the
- Fix problem with queued signals as manifested by:
- Fix bug in sbrk breaking extending the heap beyond its default size.
Â Â *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
More information about the Cygwin-announce