Mon Sep 3 11:05:00 GMT 2012
I've just updated the Cygwin version of OpenSSH to 6.1p1-1.
This is a new upstream release.
News for the Cygwin version:
- Now with additional debuginfo package.
The official upstream release message for 6.1p1:
OpenSSH 6.1 has just been released. It will be available from the
mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/ shortly.
OpenSSH is a 100% complete SSH protocol version 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0
implementation and includes sftp client and server support.
Once again, we would like to thank the OpenSSH community for their
continued support of the project, especially those who contributed
code or patches, reported bugs, tested snapshots or donated to the
project. More information on donations may be found at:
Changes since OpenSSH 6.0
This is primarily a bugfix release.
* sshd(8): This release turns on pre-auth sandboxing sshd by default for
new installs, by setting UsePrivilegeSeparation=sandbox in sshd_config.
* ssh-keygen(1): Add options to specify starting line number and number of
lines to process when screening moduli candidates, allowing processing
of different parts of a candidate moduli file in parallel
* sshd(8): The Match directive now supports matching on the local (listen)
address and port upon which the incoming connection was received via
LocalAddress and LocalPort clauses.
* sshd(8): Extend sshd_config Match directive to allow setting AcceptEnv
* Add support for RFC6594 SSHFP DNS records for ECDSA key types. bz#1978
* ssh-keygen(1): Allow conversion of RSA1 keys to public PEM and PKCS8
* sshd(8): Allow the sshd_config PermitOpen directive to accept "none" as
an argument to refuse all port-forwarding requests.
* sshd(8): Support "none" as an argument for AuthorizedPrincipalsFile
* ssh-keyscan(1): Look for ECDSA keys by default. bz#1971
* sshd(8): Add "VersionAddendum" to sshd_config to allow server operators
to append some arbitrary text to the server SSH protocol banner.
* ssh(1)/sshd(8): Don't spin in accept() in situations of file
descriptor exhaustion. Instead back off for a while.
* ssh(1)/sshd(8): Remove hmac-sha2-256-96 and hmac-sha2-512-96 MACs as
they were removed from the specification. bz#2023,
* sshd(8): Handle long comments in config files better. bz#2025
* ssh(1): Delay setting tty_flag so RequestTTY options are correctly
picked up. bz#1995
* sshd(8): Fix handling of /etc/nologin incorrectly being applied to root
on platforms that use login_cap.
* sshd(8): Allow sshd pre-auth sandboxing to fall-back to the rlimit
sandbox from the Linux SECCOMP filter sandbox when the latter is
not available in the kernel.
* ssh(1): Fix NULL dereference when built with LDNS and using DNSSEC to
retrieve a CNAME SSHFP record.
* Fix cross-compilation problems related to pkg-config. bz#1996
- SHA1 (openssh-6.1.tar.gz) = 7ed5b491cfebcaee2273d1f872314107273c2167
- SHA1 (openssh-6.1p1.tar.gz) = 751c92c912310c3aa9cadc113e14458f843fc7b3
- Please read http://www.openssh.com/report.html
Security bugs should be reported directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
OpenSSH is brought to you by Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt,
Kevin Steves, Damien Miller, Darren Tucker, Jason McIntyre, Tim Rice and
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
More information about the Cygwin-announce