Sun May 6 20:04:00 GMT 2012
mintty 1.1.0-1 (aka 1.1-beta1) is on its way to the Cygwin mirrors.
This is a test release.
To install it using setup.exe, find mintty on the package selection
screen and click on the cycle symbol by its version number until the
required version appears. Make sure the checkbox in the 'Bin?' column
next to it is ticked.
Alternatively, just click on the 'Exp' button at the top of the
package selection screen to install available test versions of all
installed packages, thereby helping to make sure they're stable.
- Implemented xterm's private mode 1006 for encoding mouse events,
which unlike the other three existing encodings includes the button
number in button release events.
- Fixed off-by-one error in encoding of mouse coordinates in urxvt's
private mode 1015.
- Tweaked mouse handling to make it easier to select a single character.
- When the right click action is set to extend the selection, a left
click with Shift pressed now pastes the clipboard instead of extending
the selection, as in rxvt.
- Improved handling of VK_PACKET messages, which tools like AutoHotKey
or AllChars use to send characters, so as to accept characters outside
the system's ANSI codepage.
- Tweaked RTF clipboard output to make it work in Lotus Notes.
- Turned up brightness of ANSI bold blue by a couple of notches.
- Re-rendered the program icon in true colour rather than 256 colours,
with proper alpha channel.
- Fixed a bug where the background erase colour wasn't being updated
when a saved cursor was restored.
- Fixed some xterm incompatibilities regarding saved cursors and the
alternate screen: origin and autowrap mode should be saved with the
cursor, and the alternate screen shouldn't have its own cursor, scroll
margins or insert mode.
- Added manifest spell to keep the Program Compatibility Assistant away.
- Switched to gcc 4.5 from 3.4, targeting i686 rather than i586,
optimising for speed rather than size, and tuning for the Atom
processor (because Atom's in-order architecture should have most to
gain from this).
Previous changes can be found at http://code.google.com/p/mintty/wiki/Changes.
Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Among its features are Unicode
support and a graphical options dialog. Its terminal emulation is
largely compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server.
The mintty manual is installed as a manpage ('man mintty'). It is also
available at http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-1.1-beta1.pdf.
Questions and comments can be sent to the mintty discussion group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or the Cygwin mailing
Please use the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues/list to report bugs or suggest
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin" link on the
http://cygwin.com web page. This downloads setup.exe to your system.
Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
More information about the Cygwin-announce