Sat Feb 25 11:03:00 GMT 2012
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released 1.7.11-1. This is mainly a bugfix release to fix
regressions from 1.7.9. It only introduces very few actual changes.
- New pldd command for listing DLLs loaded by a process.
- New API: scandirat.
- Fixed problem where background Cygwin processes kept the windows
console window from exiting.
- Change the way remote shares mapped to drive letters are recognized
when creating the cygdrive directory. If Windows claims the drive
is unavailable, don't show it in the cygdrive directory listing.
- Lower the stack pressure in some Cygwin calls by reducing the buffer
space allocated on the stack.
- Raise default stacksize of pthreads from 512K to 1 Meg. It can still
be changed using the pthread_attr_setstacksize call.
- process.h header has been moved back from /usr/include/cygwin to
- Make <sys/wait.h> header C++ clean.
- Fix a bug in fork which results in false positives like this:
child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by 'cygiconv-2.dll'
(0x6D0D0000) is already occupied
Note that the occurence of this error in 1.7.11 does NOT mean that
it's still a false positive. Rather, it is with high probability
a rebase or BLODA problem.
- Fix <sys/sysmacros.h> for C99 mode.
- Fix setting the USERPROFILE variable when switching the user context.
- Fix a SEGV in pthread_cond_timedwait.
- Fix a return value bug in getitimer.
- Fix bug in write() call which disallowed writing to /dev/dsp.
- Various bugfixes in mandatory file locking.
- Fix how Cygwin recognizes whether the kernel is set to allow
case sensitive file operations.
- Fix an installation bug which dropped installing /usr/include/rpc.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat, Inc.
More information about the Cygwin-announce