Fri Feb 10 02:54:00 GMT 2012
Cygutils is a collection of useful(?) tools for the cygwin
platform. This is a content update and feature enhancement.
[[ compiled using gcc-4.5.3-3 ]]
CHANGES (from cygutils-1.4.6-1)
* Integrate cygstart with FD.o menu and mimetype system.
* Remove ascii utility; replaced by separate package derived
from ESR's implementation http://catb.org/~esr/ascii/
* Remove realpath utility; replaced by new implementation
provided by coreutils (8.15 and above).
TODO (call for patches):
* Update lpr.cc, mkshortcut.c, readshortcut.c to use cygwin-1.7
cygwin_conv_path instead of deprecated cygwin_conv_to_win32_path.
* Update (some?) utilities to handle unicode filenames, similar to
IWAMURO Motonori's work on cygstart. Which utilities need this?
mkshortcut and lpr, probably. Any others?
volunteer cygutils maintainer for cygwin
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is
available starting at this URL.
More information about the Cygwin-announce