Updated: Tcl/Tk 8.5.11
Tue Feb 7 09:29:00 GMT 2012
Tcl/Tk has been updated to 8.5.11 with the following important changes:
* Tcl now uses *NIX APIs and will behave like other Cygwin programs with
regards to filename paths, etc.
* Tk (tcl-tk) now uses X11 instead of GDI. This means the following
Tk-based applications now require an X server at runtime:
- gitk and git-gui
- wordview (from the catdoc package)
- Anything using python's tkinter or ruby's tcltk modules.
* The following Tcl extensions are now packaged separately:
* Most packages which used tcltk have been rebuilt and will pull in
whichever tcl packages they now require.
* Any Tcl extensions or applications which you have installed yourself
will need to be rebuilt.
Please report any issues encountered with this upgrade to the Cygwin
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:
If this does not work, then look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the
email header of this message. Send email to the address specified
there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
More information about the Cygwin-announce