Fri Aug 12 08:19:00 GMT 2011
CHANGES SINCE LAST RELEASE:
New upstream release.
* Spanish translation of messages and manual.
* File ownership is maintained in old file mode (Unix only).
* Dos2unix and Unix2dos share the same language files.
* Code cleanup.
This is an update of Benjamin Lin's implementations of dos2unix and
unix2dos. Benjamin Lin's implementations of dos2unix and unix2dos are
part of several Linux distributions such as RedHat, Fedora, Suse, Gentoo
and others. This update includes all RedHat patches and fixes several
other problems. Internationalization has been added and ports to DOS,
Windows, Cygwin and OS/2 Warp have been made.
Lately this version of dos2unix was also added to Debian, Ubuntu,
Slackware and Arch Linux.
These implementations of dos2unix and unix2dos have been modelled after
dos2unix/unix2dos under SunOS/Solaris. They have similar conversion
modes, namely ascii, 7bit and iso. The first versions were made by John
Birchfield in 1989, and in 1995 rewritten from scratch by Benjamin Lin.
Mac to Unix conversion was added by Bernd Johannes Wuebben in 1998, Unix
to Mac by Erwin in 2010.
* Native language support: Dutch, English, Esperanto, German, Spanish.
* Automatically skips binary and non-regular files
* In-place, paired, or stdio mode conversion.
* Keep original file dates option.
* 7-bit and iso conversion modes like SunOS dos2unix.
license: 2-clause BSD (FreeBSD)
More information about the Cygwin-announce