Fri Apr 16 09:35:00 GMT 2010
I've just updated the Cygwin version of OpenSSH to 5.5p1-1.
This is a new major upstream release. The Cygwin release is created
from the vanilla sources. It contains one Cygwin-specific change
which hasen't been mentioned in the official release message:
* The ssh-host-config script usually writes an "ssh" entry into the
Windows' /etc/services file. The code didn't work correctly in all
circumstances if case-sensitivity is enabled on the system (see
This has been fixed in the ssh-host-config with this release.
The official release message of 5.5p1:
OpenSSH 5.5 has just been released. It will be available from the
mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/ shortly.
OpenSSH is a 100% complete SSH protocol version 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0
implementation and includes sftp client and server support.
Once again, we would like to thank the OpenSSH community for their
continued support of the project, especially those who contributed code
or patches, reported bugs, tested snapshots or donated to the project.
More information on donations may be found at:
This is a bugfix release.
Changes since OpenSSH 5.4
* Unbreak sshd_config's AuthorizedKeysFile option for $HOME-relative paths
* Fix compilation failures on platforms that lack dlopen()
* Include a language tag when sending a protocol 2 disconnection message.
* Make logging of certificates used for user authentication more clear and
consistent between CAs specified using TrustedUserCAKeys and
* Allow contrib/ssh-copy-id to fail gracefully when there are no keys in
the ssh-agent. bz#1723
* Explicitly link libX11 into contrib/gnome-ssh-askpass2. bz#1725
* Allow ChrootDirectory to work in SELinux platforms. bz#1726
* Add configure.ac stanza for Haiku OS. bz#1741
* Enable utmpx support on FreeBSD where possible. bz#1732
* Use pkg-config to determine libedit linker flags where possible. bz#1744
- SHA1 (openssh-5.5.tar.gz) = 59864a048b09ad1b6e65a74d5d385d8189ab8c74
- SHA1 (openssh-5.5p1.tar.gz) = 361c6335e74809b26ea096b34062ba8ff6c97cd6
- Please read http://www.openssh.com/report.html
Security bugs should be reported directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
OpenSSH is brought to you by Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt,
Kevin Steves, Damien Miller, Darren Tucker, Jason McIntyre, Tim Rice and
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
More information about the Cygwin-announce