[1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-65
Thu Nov 19 09:51:00 GMT 2009
I just uploaded a new Cygwin 1.7 test release, 1.7.0-65.
Changes in relation to 1.7.0-64:
- New Linux-compatible entry points get_nprocs, get_nprocs_conf,
get_avphys_pages, and get_phys_pages. New accompanying header file
- Improve speed of mbrtowc and wcrtomb functions.
- Revert incorrect change in -64 not to create ESC sequences for ALT-key
keypresses if key translates into a multibyte sequence. Xterm is doing
exactly the same, in fact.
- Make /dev/kmsg implementation installation path dependent. This was
missing in the big patch to run multiple Cygwin installations in
parallel without interferring, and which has gone into -63.
- Getfacl now returns a return value of 2 if some files from the command
line were inaccessible.
- Improve error handling in setenv and unsetenv.
- Re-integrate a big chunk of code from Cygwin 1.5, which makes socket
duplication and inheritance to child processes more bullet-proof in
case the machine has additional socket service providers installed.
Intrusion detection, 3G communication speedup tools, you name it.
Please note that this does not help in all BLODA cases, but it should
at least help to drop drop a couple of the suspects from this list:
- Fix a few minor problems in the extended attribute API. Add a bit of
- Disable a piece of code in the file locking API which could result in
incorrect results in calls to fcntl (fd, F_GETLK, ...).
- Fix yet another build problem which results in cygserver being linked
against /bin/cygstdc++-6.dll accidentally.
- Add missing declarations of logb and logbf to math.h.
- Q: How do I know that I'm running Cygwin 1.7.0-65?
A: The `uname -v' command prints "2009-11-19 10:07"
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
More information about the Cygwin-announce