Sat Apr 25 18:22:00 GMT 2009
MinTTY is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Its terminal emulation is largely
compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server to be
running. It is based on code from PuTTY 0.60 by Simon Tatham and team.
This update contains a number of bugfixes that had accumulated during
development for mintty-0.4. (Btw, 0.4-beta2 is available for download
from the MinTTY project page.)
CHANGES (since 0.3.8-1)
- The console window that pops on Windows 7 now gets hidden.
Unfortunately the console still flickers up briefly, but the
underlying problem has been reported to MS, so it might still get
sorted before release.
- Characters in the "East Asian Ambiguous" category are now displayed
as wide characters if a dual-width font such as MS Gothic or MS Mincho
is selected. This is for compatibility with existing practice.
- IMEs (Input Method Editors) are now supported.
- UTF-8 and other codepages are supported for the window title.
- The MinTTY window should no longer cling to the screen edges on
- External window resizes e.g. due to the taskbar's window arrangement
commands are now supported.
- Lines are no longer cropped when narrowing the window, i.e. hidden
content reappears when widening it again.
- The man page had a couple of typos in the .lesskey lines for
activating mousewheel support in less. Here are the correct entries:
Details of these changes can be found at
MinTTY's project page is located at http://mintty.googlecode.com.
Please use the issue tracker there to report bugs or suggest
enhancements. Questions or comments can be sent to the MinTTY
discussion group at http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or
the Cygwin mailing list at email@example.com .
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
More information about the Cygwin-announce