Thu Aug 2 15:11:00 GMT 2007
Version 3.0.3-1 of "Singular" has been uploaded.
SINGULAR is a Computer Algebra System for polynomial computations with
special emphasis on the needs of commutative algebra, algebraic
geometry, and singularity theory.
The current version 3-0-3 is stabilyzing release,
a result of a long beta test and the integration of a lot of small fixess
which were on our waiting list for integration.
The provided libraries and documentation were revisited.
Singular 3-0-3 contains also a lot of new features:
- licence changed: omalloc and MP are now (also) available under GPL;
that means that all parts of SINGULAR are licenced under
GPL (resp. LGPL).
- factory, libfac, Singular updated for gcc 4.1.x
- kernel updated for the optional use of boost.
- Singular can now be built as a library.
- new operator a:b gives an intvec of length b with constant entries a
- new command: ( chinrem): lifting via chinese remainder theorem
- new command: ( interpolation): ideal of points with given multiplicities
- non-commutative kernel subsystem was rewritten in order to support
specific algebras more efficiently. Implemented algebras at the
moment: super-commutative algebras (in particular exterior algebras).
- std et al.: new selection strategy for reductions ( option (length)).
- reduce: new strategy for selection and normalization.
- simplify slightly changed: does not omit zero polynomial unless specified.
- new library: compregb.lib : comprehensive Groebner base system
- new library: kskernel.lib : kernel of the kodaira-spencer map for
irreducible plane curve singularities
- new library: modstd.lib : Groebner base computations over the
rational numbers via modular computations
- new library: noether.lib : Noether normalization of an ideal(not
- new library: atkins.lib : the elliptic curve primality test of Atkin
- new library: aksaka.lib : primality testing after Agrawal, Saxena, Kayal
- new library: arcpoint.lib : truncations of arcs at a singular point
- new library: resgraph.lib : visualization of resolution data.
- new library: realrad.lib : computation of the real radical over the
rational numbers and extensions thereof
- new library: hyperel.lib : divisors in the jacobian of hyperelliptic curves
- new library: curvepar.lib : space curves
- new library: sagbi.lib : subalgebras bases analogous to Groebner
bases for ideals
- new library: surfex.lib : visualizing and rotating surfaces
- new library: cimonom.lib : determines if the toric ideal of an
affine monomial curve is a complete intersection.
- sheafcoh_lib: new experimental functions, in particular sheafCohBGG2
- library ncall.lib merged into all_lib
- library center.lib renamed to central.lib
- nctools_lib: new functions for super-commutative algebras (i.e.
SuperCommutative, IsSCA, AltVarStart, AltVarEnd)
- resolve.lib: blow ups revised
- new algorithms in primdec.lib : radical et al.
- improved version of slimgb, incorporated into groebner, strategy
change in groebner
- finvar.lib: the algorithm of secondary_char0 is now used in general
in the non-modular case
- finvar.lib: new algorithm for irred_secondary_char0
- finvar.lib: new function irred_secondary_no_molien
- finvar.lib: new functions for computing minimal generating sets of
invariant rings of finite groups in the non-modular case:
invariant_algebra_reynolds for finite matrix groups and
invariant_algebra_perm for permutation groups
operation for sparse matrices improved: multiplication, prune,
conversion to module
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
More information about the Cygwin-announce