Dr. Volker Zell
Wed Jan 18 08:57:00 GMT 2006
A new version of 'xemacs' has been uploaded to a server near you.
A powerful, highly customizable open source text editor and application
* Added --with-widgets=lucid to configure
Old CYGWIN NEWS:
* Readded --with-dragndrop and --with-offix to configure
* Fix: When writing to another process, flush the last chunk, even when the pipe is blocked.
* Fix: Document use of same-window-buffer-names and same-window-regexps by pop-to-buffer and display-buffer.
* Fix: region-active-p only returns t when active region is in current buffer.
* Fix: package-get-init-package reported erroneous load-path shadows.
* Fix: Fixes to support MacOS 10.4 (Tiger).
* Fix: revert derived-mode-merge-syntax-tables patch.
* Fix: Cygwin fixes: auto-detecting integer types and avoid Motif.
* Fix: Make default-directory work for non-ASCII commands.
* Fix: Avoid usage of corrupted stack in open-network-stream().
* Fix: finder-find-library to return filename actually searched for.
* Fix: Stop geometry thrashing in tabs widget.
* Fix: Don't find package NEWS files.
* Fix: fix build for FreeBSD ia64 and other 64bit platforms.
* Fix: Don't delete everything from the popup menu in easy-menu-remove.
* Fix: Mule-CCL couldn't handle control-1 characters either.
* Fix: Fix pixel-to-point conversion arithmetic in font.el
* Fix: Small patch for console redisplay issues.
* Fix: Cleanup of the CCL coding system example.
* Fix: Incremental selection transfer fix.
* Fix: configure works again when -ldap is specified and -lber is required.
* Fix: man/custom.texi typo fix.
* Update: Ask users to send crash reports to xemacs-beta.
* Update: Announce latin-euro-standards, update mule-base packages.
* Update: Expand package name field in package-ui.el.
* Update: Improve glyphs documentation.
* Update: Document \c and \C in regular expression syntax.
* Update: Document use of `same-window-buffer-names', `same-window-regexps' by pop-to-buffer and display-buffer.
* Update: Document category tables in the regexp part of the lispref.
* Update: Announce re-builder, xetla in etc/PACKAGES.
* Update: Improvements to char-table documentation.
* Update: Sync packages mirrors list with website.
* Update: Document CCL example.
* Update: Process-related docstring improvements.
* Update: Another package-get.el update reflecting latest http://www.xemacs.org/Releases/ information.
* Feature: Add Simon Josefsson to about.el.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up
the above mentioned package from the 'Editors' category.
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update.
These mirrors already got the package, the others will probably have
the latest version of this package fairly soon:
In the US
has reliable high bandwidth connections.
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
list is the appropriate place.
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
More information about the Cygwin-announce