William A. Hoffman
Wed Jun 23 15:26:00 GMT 2004
CMake 2.0.2-1 is now available on Cygwin mirrors.
There has been a new release of the official cmake (2.0.2-1).
This is a major release from 1.8.3 to 2.0.2.
Changes in CMake 2.0.2:
- Remove automatic -I for source directory with makefile generator.
Problems caused by this can be fixed with this command:
Or, you can set the CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.8.
- Fixed parsing of unquoted arguments to allow double-quotes within the
- Add a STREQUAL to the IF command.
- Modules/FindFLTK.cmake: look for both Fl.h or Fl.H.
- Fix compound IF crash on unix. BUG id 917.
- Fix path problem with sub projects and IDE workspace files.
- Add a FindKDE module.
- Modules/FindFLTK.cmake: fix for bug 915
- BUG#891: When building CMake itself, use the new cmake to install so
that the current cmake can be overwritten.
- BUG: Files in top-level directory of source tree were not reported in updates log
- Fix find library so it does not find directories.
Changes in CMake 2.0.1:
- Platform independent Install (no more install-sh); supports pre install, post install, manifest, destdir...; faster and it works on Windows
- Add support for SWIG
- Optional support for relative paths
- INCLUDE and FIND_PACKAGE both check CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
- IF command supports better expression support, like IF(A AND B AND C)
- IF command now has a numeric EQUAL test
- MACRO's now support variable arguments
- FOREACH supports a RANGE of values genertor
- CMake supports an automatic pre-load cmake file in the source tree of a project.
- GET_TARGET_PROPERTY can give you the build location of a target.
- Loaded commands have a crash signal handler to detect crashes not caused by cmake.
- GET/SET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTY/PROPERTIES commands so that we can change include directories
and get all sorts of things.
- VEBOSE build option for visual studio IDE generators.
- FIND_LIBRARY and FIND_PATH now look in CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH and CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH
environment variables in addition to and before the PATH environment variable.
- Each sub project in a project now creates a top level IDE project file so it can
be loaded independently.
- A saftey chech was added to make sure that files written using WRITE_FILE
and FILE WRITE are not used as input files which can lead to infinite loops in the build.
- Add support for adding object files and sources. This way you can use external
program such as assembler or fortran to generate object files. Also star of
fixing: Bug #757
- add .o file as a source file.
- New REMOVE_DEFINITION command, opposite to ADD_DEFINITIONS.
- CCmake support for HOME and END keys. Also fix Bug #666, in CCMake when deleting
something, it does not stop at the beginning of line.
- Fix externl projects for VS7 and VS6.
- New support for import of modules without specifying a path.
- New testing option to build and run an executable --build-and-test.
- Support for shared library versions on UNIX.
- SUBDIR command now supports PREORDER build option.
- Add support for file names with +-~ in them for borland compiler.
- Mac OSX bundle executable creation support with the ADD_EXECUTABLE command.
- CTest Support for in-source builds.
- CTest Skip tests that do not have defects.
- CTest new option -I that adds the ability to run a limited sub-set of the tests.
- CTest support for Valgrind and Purify.
- CTest New testing script support, that allows the nightly testing process to be automated.
- New Find modules: FindPHP4.cmake, FindPerlLibs.cmake, FindPike.cmake, FindRuby.cmake, FindSWIG.cmake, UseSWIG.cmake
- Many bug fixes and other minor changes.
See www.cmake.org for more information.
Cygwin CMake maintainer
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
More information about the Cygwin-announce