William A. Hoffman
Tue Aug 10 18:19:00 GMT 2004
There has been a new release of the official cmake (2.0.3-1).
This is a minor release from to 2.0.2 to 2.0.3.
Changes in CMake 2.0.3:
- Fixes for Find/Use SWIG, better error reporting and SWIG_FLAGS work.
- initial support for VCExpress visual studio 8
- LastMemCheck.log instead of LastMemCheck.xml
- timeout for ctest build and run
- Fixes for MinGW EXEC_COMMAND
- Fixes for install on windows, to work with Release/Debug dirs
- Fixes for install to work with shared library versions
- Fixes for QT wrapping commands to not require QT_WRAP_UI to be set, but still set it
- Better error reporting for win32 process running
- PreLoad.cmake file can be in source or binary
- Tree killing for linux and ctest
- CMAKE_PROGRAM_PATH CMAKE_FILE_PATH now searched by FIND_PROGRAM and FIND_FILE
- FLTK FLTK_WRAP_UI now set for backwards compatibility
- More warning expressions for ctest
- Do not duplicate include flags for .rc files on windows.
- fix spelling errors in error messages
- report build directory used in command line cmake
- fix for bug 981, help in ccmake lost cursor position
- CMakeSetup browse buttons use current directories
- generated test driver programs flush the text menu
- Mentioned LOCATION target property in GET_TARGET_PROPERTY documentation
- Added warning to AUX_SOURCE_DIRECTORY command documentation.
- Fix BUG 971: command line cmake does not select good default generator.
- Fix BUG 999: Allow a project to define system name for dart submissions
- Fix BUG 997: CTest cannot handle URLs which contain a "?"
- Add support to ctest for reporting timing information.
- Fix BUG 966 VC7 generator correctly converts command line flags to GUI options.
- Fixed link-libs commands to not crash when last argument is debug/optimized.
Changes in CMake 2.0.2:
- Remove automatic -I for source directory with makefile generator.
Problems caused by this can be fixed with this command:
Or, you can set the CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.8.
- Fixed parsing of unquoted arguments to allow double-quotes within the
- Add a STREQUAL to the IF command.
- Modules/FindFLTK.cmake: look for both Fl.h or Fl.H.
- Fix compound IF crash on unix. BUG id 917.
- Fix path problem with sub projects and IDE workspace files.
- Add a FindKDE module.
- Modules/FindFLTK.cmake: fix for bug 915
- BUG#891: When building CMake itself, use the new cmake to install so
that the current cmake can be overwritten.
- BUG: Files in top-level directory of source tree were not reported in updates log
- Fix find library so it does not find directories.
Changes in CMake 2.0.1:
- Platform independent Install (no more install-sh);
supports pre install, post install, manifest, destdir...
faster and it works on Windows
- Add support for SWIG
- Optional support for relative paths
- INCLUDE and FIND_PACKAGE both check CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
- IF command supports better expression support, like IF(A AND B AND C)
- IF command now has a numeric EQUAL test
- MACRO's now support variable arguments
- FOREACH supports a RANGE of values genertor
- CMake supports an automatic pre-load cmake file in the source tree of a project.
- GET_TARGET_PROPERTY can give you the build location of a target.
- Loaded commands have a crash signal handler to detect crashes not caused by cmake.
- GET/SET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTY/PROPERTIES commands so that we can change include directories
and get all sorts of things.
- VERBOSE build option for visual studio IDE generators.
- FIND_LIBRARY and FIND_PATH now look in CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH and CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH
environment variables in addition to and before the PATH environment variable.
- Each sub project in a project now creates a top level IDE project file so it can
be loaded independently.
- A saftey chech was added to make sure that files written using WRITE_FILE
and FILE WRITE are not used as input files which can lead to infinite loops in the build.
- Add support for adding object files and sources. This way you can use external
program such as assembler or fortran to generate object files. Also star of
fixing: Bug #757
- add .o file as a source file.
- New REMOVE_DEFINITION command, opposite to ADD_DEFINITIONS.
- CCmake support for HOME and END keys. Also fix Bug #666, in CCMake when deleting
something, it does not stop at the beginning of line.
- Fix externl projects for VS7 and VS6.
- New support for import of modules without specifying a path.
- New testing option to build and run an executable --build-and-test.
- Support for shared library versions on UNIX.
- SUBDIR command now supports PREORDER build option.
- Add support for file names with +-~ in them for borland compiler.
- Mac OSX bundle executable creation support with the ADD_EXECUTABLE command.
- CTest Support for in-source builds.
- CTest Skip tests that do not have defects.
- CTest new option -I that adds the ability to run a limited sub-set of the tests.
- CTest support for Valgrind and Purify.
- CTest New testing script support, that allows the nightly testing process to be automated.
- New Find modules: FindPHP4.cmake, FindPerlLibs.cmake, FindPike.cmake, FindRuby.cmake,
- Many bug fixes and other minor changes.
See www.cmake.org for more information.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Cygwin CMake maintainer
More information about the Cygwin-announce