Gerrit P. Haase
Sun Oct 20 07:56:00 GMT 2002
expat-1.95.5-1 has been uploaded to the Cygwin net distribution.
Expat is an XML parser library written in C.
It is a stream-oriented parser in which an application registers
handlers for things the parser might find in the XML document
(like start tags).
CHANGES (since expat-1.95.4-1):
- Added XML_UseForeignDTD() for improved SAX2 support.
- Added XML_GetFeatureList().
- Defined XML_Bool type and the values XML_TRUE and XML_FALSE.
- Use an incomplete struct instead of a void* for the parser.
- Fixed UTF-8 decoding bug that caused legal UTF-8 to be rejected.
- Finally fixed bug where default handler would report DTD events
that were already handled by another handler. Initial patch
contributed by Darryl Miles.
- Removed unnecessary DllMain() function that caused static
linking into a DLL to be difficult.
- Added VC++ projects for building static libraries.
- Reduced line-length for all source code and headers to be no
longer than 80 characters, to help with AS/400 support.
- Reduced memory copying during parsing (SF patch #600964).
- Fixed a variety of bugs: see SF issues 580793, 434664, 483514,
580503, 581069, 584041, 584183, 584832, 585537, 596555, 596678,
598352, 598944, 599715, 600479, 600971
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick
up `expat' from the `Libs' category.
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update.
In the US, ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.
In Japan, ftp://ftp.u-aizu.ac.jp/pub/gnu/gnu-win32/ is updated fast.
In Denmark, http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/cygwin/ is usually up-to-date,
packages are in the 'release' directory.
If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package
you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another
For a brief descripton of what this package is and what it contains,
see http://cygwin.com/packages/ .
Please send questions or comments to the Cygwin mailing list at:
firstname.lastname@example.org . If you want to subscribe go to:
http://cygwin.com/lists.html . I would appreciate if you would use
this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
list is the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
Gerrit P. Haase
More information about the Cygwin-announce