Updated: upx-1.21-1

Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it
Tue Jun 25 00:28:00 GMT 2002

I have uploaded version 1.21-1 of the "Ultimate Packager for eXecutables".

UPX is a free, portable, extendable, high-performance executable packer
for several different executable formats. It achieves an excellent
compression ratio and offers very fast decompression. Your executables
suffer no memory overhead or other drawbacks.
UPX is copyrighted software distributed under the terms of the GNU
General Public License, with special exceptions granting the free usage
for commercial programs as stated in the UPX License Agreement.
UPX uses the NRV compression library for compression services. A
compatible but somewhat less efficient OpenSource implementation is
available through the UCL compression library.
UPX aims to be Commercial Quality Freeware.
This version uses the UCL library.

Changes in 1.21 (01 Jun 2002)

    * New option "--crp-ms=" for slightly better compression at the cost
      of higher memory requirements during compression.
      Try "upx --best --crp-ms=100000". See the docs for more info.
    * portability fixes
    * compile fixes for g++ 3.0 and g++ 3.1

I updated the README to include some help to use as a service and and
added
the --no-detach command line option to use as a service.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at:  cygwin@cygwin.com .  I would appreciate if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.  This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.

If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.

                *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at
the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format: