Mon Sep 17 10:34:00 GMT 2001
I've made a new version of the mingw package available for download.
NOTE and CAUTION: I've renamed the package from mingw to mingw-runtime
in order to match it's true name. This has necessitated the need to
include a null file named mingw-20010917-1.tar.gz and
mingw-20010917-1-src.tar.gz. You should install mingw-20010917-1.tar.gz
first and then install the mingw-runtime-1.1-1 package to replace it. I
copied the original latest/mingw/mingw-20010424-1 files to
latest/mingw-runtime/mingw-runtime-1.0-1 in order to make it easier to
down grade it if that is necessary. The mingw directory is deprecated
and will be removed from setup in about one month from today.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
Note that we do not allow downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka
cygwin.com) due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update.
In the US, ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ is a
reliable high bandwidth connection. They also have http access at
usually pretty good.
In the UK,
is usually up-to-date within 48 hours.
If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package then
you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another mirror.
The setup.exe program will figure out what needs to be updated on your
system and will install newer packages automatically.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com . I would appreciate if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
ChangeLog portion attached.
Change history between version 1.0 and version 1.1.
2001-09-17 Earnie Boyd <earnie@SF.net>
* Makefile.in: Increment version.
* include/_mingw.h: Ditto.
2001-09-10 Earnie Boyd <earnie@SF.net>
* dossh: Remove inadvertantly imported file.
2001-09-10 Danny Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* dirent.c (opendir): Use GetFileAttributes rather than stat
to determine if input arg is dir.
2001-08-29 Danny Smith <email@example.com>
* include/stdarg.h (va_list): Typedef as __builtin_va_list if
__GNUC__ >= 3.
* include/varargs.h (va_list): Ditto.
* include/stdio.h (va_list): Ditto.
2001-08-01 Danny Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* include/stdlib.h (_wpgmptr): Don't declare ifndef __MSVCRT__.
* include/stdio.h (_IORW): Change constant to 0x0080.
(TMP_MAX): Add new define.
(L_tmpnam): Change constant to 16.
2001-06-28 Danny Smith <email@example.com>
* include/malloc.h: Fix non-ANSI comment after #endif.
2001-06-11 Danny Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* profile/configure.in: Make msvcrt.dll version default.
* profile/makefile.in: Build both gcrt1.o and gcrt2.o.
* provile/configure: Regenerate.
2001-06-11 Mattia Barbon <email@example.com>
* include/stdio.h (swscanf): Make first arugument const.
* include/wchar.h (swscanf): Ditto.
* include/tchar.h (_tfopen): New _UNICODE define.
2001-06-04 Earnie Boyd <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* profile/Makefile.in (mkinstalldirs): Correct relative path.
More information about the Cygwin-announce