Updated: Cygwin DLL 1.1.4
Sun Aug 6 09:04:00 GMT 2000
I've updated the version of the cygwin DLL in cygwin/latest to 1.1.4.
A partial list of what has changed is below. If anyone who has
submitted changes that are not mentioned below wants to chime in, please
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin web page. This downloads setup.exe
to your system.
Run setup and answer all of the questions. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
choose a mirror site for your download. The 'sources.redhat.com' site
is badly overloaded. The mirrors below have the latest version of this
Note that if this is the first time that you've run the new GUI version
of setup, it will currently download the whole cygwin net release again.
After this point it will only download what is needed.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com . I would appreciate
if you would use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.
This includes ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin
If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
GDB/Cygwin Engineering Manager
Red Hat, Inc.
- Fix find and du confusion when run from root (me).
- Fix cursor confusion when scrolling a console window (me).
- Activate the keypad enter key and the keypad divide key (me).
- Cause CYGWIN=binmode to affect stdin/stdout again (me).
- Fix problem where generating passwords with 'passwd' might
fail if you are logged in with admin privileges (Corinna Vinschen).
- Allow setting system-wide --cygdrive-prefix via use of the "-s"
option to mount (Jason Tishler).
- Implement mount option --show-cygdrive-prefixes (Jason Tishler).
- Implement umount option --remove-cygdrive-prefix (Jason Tishler).
More information about the Cygwin-announce