addToolVersion.sh

Alexey Neyman stilor@att.net
Thu Jan 3 03:11:00 GMT 2019

That section in the docs (which mentions addToolVersion.sh) is outdated
and needs to be updated. Please file an issue; my laptop broke so I am
without a machine where I can do ct-ng development at this time.

I am not sure where you found a reference to gen-version.sh; I couldn't
find any in current crosstool-NG, nor in its docs.

The current procedure to add a new version of a component is to:
1. Copy/create a directory for a new version under packages/PACKAGE-NAME/
2. Verify the package signature, update the checksums for all downloads,
check if the patches apply (and if necessary, update the patches). All
that is done by running maintainer/manage-packages.sh script; run it
without arguments to get some help.

Regards,
Alexey.